Table of Contents
Articles, Sermons, and Blog Posts
- Short self-assessment on habits for finishing well > Five Choices: Habits of Those Who Finish Well
- Three articles on Finishing Well by Dr. Bobby Clinton
- Finishing Well > article by Donald Sweeting & George Sweeting
- Sermon by Charles R Swindoll, entitled “Here's How to Finish Well”
- Six Ways to Finish Well as a Christian Leader by Bill Gaultiere.
- The 2016 mid-career retreat also addressed the topic of finishing well. Handouts from that retreat.
- Finishing well in a ministry assignment - a blog series by Gary Ridley
Books on Finishing Well/Transition
- Wellness for the Glory of God: Living Well After 40 with Joy and Contentment in All of Life by John Dunlop, MD. See book review by Gary Ridley on SEND U blog.
- Transitions Through Adult Life by Charles M. Sell > A helpful discussion of the stages of adult life from a Christian Perspective.
- Finishing Well by Bill Mills and Craig Parro > Biblical Character studies to avoid burnout and finish well. Eleven biblical character studies encourage faithful stewardship rooted in our identity in Christ.
- Looming Transitions: Starting and Finishing Well in Cross-Cultural Service by Amy Young. See Book Review by Gary Ridley on the SEND U Blog.
Books on Finishing Well in Retirement
- An Uncommon Guide to Retirement by Jeff Haanen > A helpful and stimulating guide for planning the 20-30 years of expected retirement. The author encourages starting retirement with a season of sabbatical to discern God's calling at this stage of life.
- Reimagine Retirement: Planning and Living for the Glory of God by C. J. Cagle > Highlights planning for retirement with lots practical tools especially for financial and health.
- Gun Lap: Staying in the Race with Purpose > by Robert Wolgemuth. Focuses on staying active in life and ministry in retirement.
finishing_well.txt · Last modified: 2021/10/19 15:24 by admin