June 17, 2017 The Relationship Between Church and State in Japan; Pastor Masaru Asaoka
Part 1: https://youtu.be/b2MuwZin-LQ
Part 2: https://youtu.be/Y_RH8mx-dqA
May 20, 2017 Religions in Japan; Jon Reasoner
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZ-e2zq91Y&feature=youtu.be
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=–FMNumGxcM&feature=youtu.be
April 22, 2017 Sharing the Gospel in Shame-based Cultures; Jon Junker
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydv6Oa7DEM
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZPzWXOduVw&t=14s
February 25, 2017 The History of Christianity in Japan (with discussion questions); Don Regier
Part 1: Early history, the Christian Century
1. What impact on today's Japanese has come from their image of Christianity based on persecution?
2. Is stepping on the fumie like deceiving the Nazis to hide Jews so they could survive? Why or why not?
3. What impact did the lack of a Bible in Japanese have on the early period? What if they had the Bible?
4. What can we do to prepare Japanese believers for persecution?
Part 2: Meiji Era to WW2
1. What was the impact of the Bible and Christianity on Japanese history and society?
2. What is the continuing effect of the rich tradition of social action by Christians?
3. Why did the churches compromise with Shinto nationalism, state Shinto? Was it legitimate? Why or why not?
4. What pressures are there now for compromise with culture?
Part 3: Post WW2 to Present
1. How do you relate to pacifism in the church?
2. How does your nationality affect the way Japanese receive you?
3. What foundations can you build on to build up the Body of Christ in Japan?
As an Amazon Associate, SEND U earns a little from qualifying purchases whenever you click on an Amazon link to a book we recommend.