Table of Contents
Upcoming SEND U recommended training events
- See this wiki page.
Continuing Education Opportunities
Grow2Serve online training modules
- Grow2Serve > As disciples of Jesus we are called to continually grow, learn, serve, and be fruitful in ways that bring glory to God. Grow2Serve exists to help people fulfill this calling through offering online courses.
- Check available courses at the Mission Tools site, where Grow2Serve lists their courses.
- Healthy Missions Partnerships > an evaluation (by Jerry Skifstad) of a Grow2Serve course
SEND U uses the Grow2Serve platform for its own online courses:
- Team Leader Orientation online course > developed and facilitated by Ken Guenther
- The Team Leader as Supervisor online course > developed and facilitated by Ken Guenther
- MOP 201 > facilitated by Bethany Reedy
- Animism and Folk Religion > a one-week online course developed and facilitated by Dr. Gary Ridley
- Evangelism: Abundantly Sowing seed > an online course developed by World Team but open to SEND members
- Discipleship Growing Mature Followers of Jesus > a online course developed by World Team but open to SEND members
- An annual subscription costs $65.
- Crosswired provides self-paced independent modules. Most were created by other mission organizations or by Crosswired staff themselves. A typical Crosswired module takes between 30 and 90 minutes to complete and you can access them at any time without joining a scheduled class. The tracking function will save your progression on each module so take your time and pace your learning.
- SEND International's Member Orientation Program > generally offered in July in Farmington, Michigan, and in February in the Philippines
- SEND's Candidate Orientation Programs > each SEND sending area provides initial orientation to SEND International and training in support discovery.
- Kairos course > a shorter version of the Perspectives course, used widely in the Philippines, Ukraine and many other countries for missions awareness and mobilization
- Educational Planning Seminar-MK > Educational Planning Seminar (MK Education/SHARE)
- MissionPrep- build on the training philosophy of Missionary Training International, but located in Toronto
- Center for Intercultural Training- Union Mills, North Carolina
- primarily pre-field training, but a significant percentage of participants are missionaries who have completed one or more terms.
- they offer the pre-field Second Language Acquisition class on-site for 12 days.
- Institute for Cross-Cultural Training at Wheaton College > ICCT equips individuals called to global mission fields with skills for learning another language and culture and prepares them for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Mission Training International (MTI) > the organization that used to share the Farmington campus with SEND and now located near Colorado Springs
- COMPASS –MTI's Second Language Acquisition combined with pre-field training
MissioNexus training resources
SEND is a member organization with MissioNexus, and this means that any member of SEND International can participate in any of the webinars or web workshops at no cost, and can download any of the previously recorded webinars at no cost. Chandelle Body at mailto:email@example.com the primary administrative contact for SEND. She can add new or delete staff from the organizational profile; if you had a profile on the old website (prior to 2016) it was transferred to the new one but you must request a new password to login.
- Webinars > live or downloadable (seminars on various topics, led by experts in their field, generally about 1.5 hours
- Workshops > downloadable webinars on a particular topic, generally about 6 sessions each.
- Leader's Edge > monthly book reviews of recommended new books in the areas of missiology, spirituality and leadership emailed to all members who create a profile on the Mission Exchange website
SYIS - Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills
- SYIS Workshop Schedule
- SYIS training is held each year on the SEND International campus in Farmington, MI each summer
Church Planting Training
Muslim Ministry Training
Conference for Men who Serve as Pastors and Christian Workers
- Basics Conference > a yearly conference in Ohio. A mix of Bible teaching, breakout sessions, and meals, our conference aims to encourage and equip pastors to do the basics of Christian ministry well (most of the time). Given the unique responsibilities and challenges of life in ministry, we also hope that God might use the conference to refresh pastors and send them back to their home churches renewed for further Gospel work.